I made some REAL sourdough starter from "The Baker's Companion" King Arthur Cookbook. I made it with rye flour. After time it gets replaced with regular, unbleached flour and the rye taste gets replaced. After a week of getting the starter just right and making a big, fat loaf of sourdough bread that we already devoured, I had to make some sourdough pancakes. I added a cup of starter to this recipe from Mr. Breakfast: Homemade Pancakes. They were simply divine.
To my husband and children I write that I may share the beauty I see in our daily lives. May our short time together be filled and shared amongst each other with the love we can only receive from our Lord above. You are dear to me, my purpose and richest part of my life. I love you.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Sourdough Pancakes - Yum!!!
I made some REAL sourdough starter from "The Baker's Companion" King Arthur Cookbook. I made it with rye flour. After time it gets replaced with regular, unbleached flour and the rye taste gets replaced. After a week of getting the starter just right and making a big, fat loaf of sourdough bread that we already devoured, I had to make some sourdough pancakes. I added a cup of starter to this recipe from Mr. Breakfast: Homemade Pancakes. They were simply divine.