Friday, January 27, 2012

Pennsylvania

We are now in Lewistown, Pennsylvania. We will be heading towards Amish Country tomorrow to see if it is a place we would like to call home. Kentucky was as fast paced and self centered as Washington State with no Southern hospitality that we could see. Here in Pennsylvania which is a State we have looked at and looked at again and again for over three years, it is the most gorgeous State we have ever seen. And it's Winter now! The homes in our price range out do Kentucky by miles. You can buy a 5+ bedroom farm home with good acreage and a barn - a gorgeous home, for a good price here. The State is very, very clean compared to Kentucky where they had junk cars and garbage, etc... every few homes it seemed. Matthew and I both feel we could find a home here and settle in quite well. Though the home schooling laws are one of the most extensive on the testing, etc.... we have come to the decision that that does not take precedence over a good place to live anymore. Anyways, I have a friend who lives in Amish Country whom I talked with last night and it sounds like such a good place to live as we share many of the beliefs of the people there... the Anabaptists and the Mennonites though the Mennonites may not accept us because of our past of marriage before, which is sad because we repented and came to the marriage alter pure. A church should focus on where one is today, not where one was yesterday. Jesus accepted ones who murdered but repented and did right all their days thereafter.

It sounds like many in those Counties considered Amish country work from their homes, which is what we will continue doing once we settle.... selling eggs, chickens, etc... I would love to learn how to make cheese one day. I hope we can find community there and some people to fellowship with. If Amish country is not where we feel the Lord wants us, we will very likely stay in Pennsylvania. I hope to have some maple trees on our property so we can tap them for making syrup. I love the four seasons and would anticipate each season with joy.

The kids are doing wonderful! They have adjusted to their new schedule. We have adjoining rooms here at Motel 8 and everybody is asleep but me. I am so glad to be here. I really think we will be settling down here. I hope so. We may be looking at a couple of homes in Newport and Fannettsburg. I'll see about taking some pictures. Goodnight.