A couple of months ago I happened upon a place called Azure that sells quality bulk foods online in central Oregon. Don't mind that this picture was taken in our mud room.
Here is what I purchased:
Here is what I purchased:
| GR104 | Imported White Basmati (Jasmine) Rice | 5 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $6.45 | $6.45 |
| SW063 | Eden Barley Malt Syrup | 20 ozs. | 1 | 1 | $5.20 | $5.20 |
| DF067 | Raisins, Flame | 5 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $8.85 | $8.85 |
| NB067 | Nat Value Pnut Bttr Cream Salted Nat | 15 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $23.00 | $23.00 |
| GR061 | Wheat, Hard, Red, Organic | 25 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $10.10 | $10.10 |
| SW120 | Dark Brown Molasses Sugar, Natural | 16 ozs. | 2 | 2 | $1.95 | $3.90 |
| GP034 | Whole Oats w/Hulls, Org.(AnimalFeed) | 45 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $10.50 | $10.50 |
| FG453 | Stahlbush Spinach, Cut | 3 x 10 ozs. | 1 | 1 | $4.60 | $4.60 |
| HS727 | Dropper for 4 oz. Bottles | 1 4 oz. Dropper | 2 | 2 | $0.80 | $1.60 |
| CE068 | Oats, Rolled, Regular | 25 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $10.40 | $10.40 |
| QP054 | Pears, In Season, Organic | 3 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $2.90 | $2.90 |
| GR057 | Azure Farm Rye BERRIES, Organic | 25 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $11.20 | $11.20 |
| NU054 | Walnut Pieces (bakers) | 5 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $22.00 | $22.00 |
| DF024 | Deglet Noor Dates, Pitted | 1 lb. | 1 | 1 | $2.80 | $2.80 |
| BP035 | Coconut, Chipped | 2.5 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $5.00 | $5.00 |
| QP138 | Apples, Fuji, Organic | 3 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $3.00 | $3.00 |
| QP050 | Cabbage, Green, Organic (random weight) | 1 random weight | 1 | 1 | $3.50 | $3.50 |
| QP165 | Carrots, Fresh, Organic #1 | 5 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $4.50 | $4.50 |
| QP262 | Leeks, Fresh, Organic | 1 lb. approx. | 1 | 0 | $1.70 | $0.00 |
| QP139 | Potatoes, Russett, Organic | 5 lbs. | 2 | 0 | $2.30 | $0.00 |
| FL060 | White Flour, Morbread | 50 lbs. | 1 | 1 | $24.55 | $24.55 |
| CH066 | Parmesan, Grated (Romano) | 1 lb. | 1 | 1 | $5.15 | $5.15 |
| Sub Total: $169.20 Total: $169.20 | ||||||
Just look at the price of peanut butter: 15 lbs for $23. Where else can you find something like that? And it's only peanuts and salt. And it's all creamy unlike Adams peanutbutter where you have to stir it for several minutes. The rye and wheat berries I make fresh bread from every day. It is DELICIOUS! Their produce is wonderful and all organic. Why would I want to pay .99 cents a pound for regular apples locally here when I could get the same thing from Azure but Organic? And all the boxed, garbage cereal I used to buy each month... I now make Muesli with dates, walnuts, coconut and raisins. We have hot grain cereals throughout the month along with oatmeal as well. I then buy milk at the store and cheese for our lunches, some few vegetables each week. We haven't spent anymore than we normally do each month ordering from Azure and it's only going to build up here. I can't wait to place my order again at the end of this month.