Here are some beautiful hydrangeas from our yard. They are special to me as they were our flower when Matthew and I got married. We had a small intimate wedding at our friend's John and Karen's. They have a beautiful home and Karen and some other ladies put everything together for us... the flowers from her garden, a cake from Rosa who has been cooking for probably over 50 years now (catering, owned a restaurant, culinary student in France). I wish I could remember the cake. I wish I could remember the flowers. I just remember being nervous and excited. My husband to be and I were to kiss for the first time in 2 1/2 years after being announced husband and wife. It felt strange. It felt like I was kissing my brother - though I don't have a brother. About an hour later though we went outdoors and snuck a kiss and he didn't feel like my brother anymore....
To my husband and children I write that I may share the beauty I see in our daily lives. May our short time together be filled and shared amongst each other with the love we can only receive from our Lord above. You are dear to me, my purpose and richest part of my life. I love you.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Hydrangeas
Here are some beautiful hydrangeas from our yard. They are special to me as they were our flower when Matthew and I got married. We had a small intimate wedding at our friend's John and Karen's. They have a beautiful home and Karen and some other ladies put everything together for us... the flowers from her garden, a cake from Rosa who has been cooking for probably over 50 years now (catering, owned a restaurant, culinary student in France). I wish I could remember the cake. I wish I could remember the flowers. I just remember being nervous and excited. My husband to be and I were to kiss for the first time in 2 1/2 years after being announced husband and wife. It felt strange. It felt like I was kissing my brother - though I don't have a brother. About an hour later though we went outdoors and snuck a kiss and he didn't feel like my brother anymore....