To my husband and children I write that I may share the beauty I see in our daily lives. May our short time together be filled and shared amongst each other with the love we can only receive from our Lord above. You are dear to me, my purpose and richest part of my life. I love you.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Homemade Noodles
We've been making homemade noodles for about 2 years now. We love them and just can't go back to the store bought. Anyone can make them and the ingredients? Egg, flour and salt.
Get your hands in there and mash it around. Squish it, mash it, whatever you need to do to get it into a firm, solid consistency.
Now we just bought a hand crank pasta maker last year. You really don't need one of these to make wonderfully, delicious noodles. If you don't have one, just roll the dough out on a floured surface until it is the thickness you desire for the noodles you are making. I always had Matthew roll these out. They take some serious man-power to roll them out well! Here, I rolled out a sheet as I wanted to see how it works for future lasagna.