Here is a dress I made last month. I love it because I got to pick out the fabric and it was less than $6.00! I took my old, black (I can't stand to wear black anymore) maternity dress and cut my fabric according to the shape of it. I didn't even have a pattern. I do this a lot! The top part of the dress I bought for $1 a yard. The bottom part I bought for $2.99 a yard. I have a skirt on of the same fabric as the top that I wear underneath my dress when it is cold out. It is very practical to do it this way. I think I will do this with all of my dresses and the girls. I think all that's missing is a pretty pocket that I'll have to make once I'm feeling decent. I love to sew and love to make things to my specifications. And the best part... I just started to sew last May. I have several dresses, aprons I am making to sell (they are to die for), beautiful pillowcases (one out of my pretty dress fabric) and lots more. I will have to start taking and posting more pictures here.
To my husband and children I write that I may share the beauty I see in our daily lives. May our short time together be filled and shared amongst each other with the love we can only receive from our Lord above. You are dear to me, my purpose and richest part of my life. I love you.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Sewing My Clothes...
Here is a dress I made last month. I love it because I got to pick out the fabric and it was less than $6.00! I took my old, black (I can't stand to wear black anymore) maternity dress and cut my fabric according to the shape of it. I didn't even have a pattern. I do this a lot! The top part of the dress I bought for $1 a yard. The bottom part I bought for $2.99 a yard. I have a skirt on of the same fabric as the top that I wear underneath my dress when it is cold out. It is very practical to do it this way. I think I will do this with all of my dresses and the girls. I think all that's missing is a pretty pocket that I'll have to make once I'm feeling decent. I love to sew and love to make things to my specifications. And the best part... I just started to sew last May. I have several dresses, aprons I am making to sell (they are to die for), beautiful pillowcases (one out of my pretty dress fabric) and lots more. I will have to start taking and posting more pictures here.