
This is me down in front of the barn with the turkey, a new technique I use is to just walk up behind the turkey when he reaches for food, I grab him from behind and flip him upside down. I tie him up and off we go up the hill.
In the cone and ready for the plucking bucket.
We use a twenty gallon horse bucket to dunk the birds in - one hundred and forty five degree water and the feathers just come right off. We keep the water hot in the bucket. I am a little slow with plucking still about ten minutes. Have to duck him around three times slosh him around like milk in churner. We love raising our animals gathering from them and eating them.
The box is for the innards, head, feet, tips of wings and feathers. just throw in burn barrel and all is done time to eat in a couple of days.