I was at the Goodwill the other day. I saw these gorgeous dishes and thought I'd add them to our set as I know dishes will get broke over the next 10+ years. I thought they were really pretty and simple. I love the color and simplicity of them. When I got home I looked at the marking on the back and looked these up. On Replacements LTD alone, one platter of this set costs $100. They are out of the dinner dishes (I'm sure they'd be interested in mine), but we are guessing they are at least $40 a piece as the bowls are $20 a piece. On E-bay the dinner dishes are listed at over $60 a piece. So, I may decide to keep these (I bought all seven) after all. I really like them and have had an interest for a time in pretty, country dishes.
To my husband and children I write that I may share the beauty I see in our daily lives. May our short time together be filled and shared amongst each other with the love we can only receive from our Lord above. You are dear to me, my purpose and richest part of my life. I love you.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Sixty Dollar Dishes (per piece) for 10 Cents
I was at the Goodwill the other day. I saw these gorgeous dishes and thought I'd add them to our set as I know dishes will get broke over the next 10+ years. I thought they were really pretty and simple. I love the color and simplicity of them. When I got home I looked at the marking on the back and looked these up. On Replacements LTD alone, one platter of this set costs $100. They are out of the dinner dishes (I'm sure they'd be interested in mine), but we are guessing they are at least $40 a piece as the bowls are $20 a piece. On E-bay the dinner dishes are listed at over $60 a piece. So, I may decide to keep these (I bought all seven) after all. I really like them and have had an interest for a time in pretty, country dishes.